This page contains information on how to register for US Quidditch Cup 22. US Quidditch Cup is USQ’s premier event of the season and the league’s national championship. Featuring over 80 teams from three divisions (competitive collegiate, open collegiate, and club) this is the pinnacle of the competitive season and the largest spectator event of the year.
US Quidditch Cup 2022 will take place at the Regional Athletic Complex in Salt Lake City, UT on April 23-24, 2022 in partnership with Visit Salt Lake and Utah Sports Commission.
All deadlines are at 11:59 pm ET, except for the roster deadline. Rosters are due 24 hours before the start time of the event (and therefore due around 8am on April 22).
- Registration Deadline – March 4, 2022
- This deadline is to provide USQ Staff sufficient time to prepare for the event. We understand that emergencies can occur, and therefore there are no USQ gameplay penalties for dropping from the event if done by 8am on Friday April 22, 2022.
- Hotel Booking Deadline – April 1, 2022
- Deadline to Submit Team Logo (optional) – TBD
- Deadline to Submit Trading Cards (optional) – TBD
- Deadline to submit referee crews
- Submit List of Additional Team Staff (optional) – Friday April 22, 2022
- Rosters Due – Friday April 22, 2022
- First Day of Competition – Saturday April 23, 2022
TEAM REGISTRATION STEPS
For a team to compete at this event, it must be fully registered for the tournament at least 3 weeks prior to the event. They must be official USQ teams.
The registration process and requirements are as follows:
- Fill out this registration form by March 4, 2022. Like noted above, there are no penalties for dropping from the event if done by 8am on Friday April 22, 2022.
- Register for the calendar event for the corresponding division on the USQ calendar. To do this, a team admin will need to login to the USQ website, click on the appropriate event calendar link, and click the button that says “request attendance.”
- US Quidditch Cup 2022 – Competitive Collegiate Division
- US Quidditch Cup 2022 – Open Collegiate Division
- US Quidditch Cup 2022 – Club Division
- Pay registration fee.
- Reserve hotel rooms and notify USQ of their team’s hotel arrangements by completing this form.
Teams must also complete the membership requirements listed here to be eligible to compete officially in all events, not just USQ hosted regional and national championships. These requirements include:
- Having a fully certified coach at least 24 hours before the start of your team’s first official match of the season
- Completing the team referee and snitch runner requirements.
- For collegiate teams, proof of enrollment for all the players at the beginning of the season (at least 24 hours before the start of the first event they are competing in officially).
Lastly, there are three optional registration steps a team may do:
- Designate additional team staff using this form.
- Submit trading cards for players, more information will be available in December 2021.
- Submit a logo by March 20, 2022 using this form.
Please ensure your team submits an attendance request to one of the calendar events. To do this, a team admin will need to login to the USQ website, click on the appropriate event calendar link, and click the button that says “request attendance.”